Thursday, October 2, 2008

{A storm is coming in}

There are worlds of experience beyond the world of the aggressive man, beyond history, and beyond science. The moods and qualities of nature and the revelations of great art are equally difficult to define; we can grasp them only in the depths of our perceptive spirit. ~ Ansel Adams

This was such an amazing site. It was inspiring to just sit there and soak in the beauty of this unbelievable place. The whole time that we were here all we could say was "wow". While at mesa arch at about five in the morning we were light painting with some other photographers from Canada. We were the only three there and got to talking about the park. They asked me if I had been to this location and I said "no, but that was where we wanted to go next. They said "lets go see it", so we met up later that day and hiked in. It was a really neat experience to go here because it is actually an archeological find. It is not talked about at the park and not easily marked or found. Since my husband and I have had no sleep the hiking was a little hard but well worth it. Thank you to Darwin and Nick for going on this trek with us.



6 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Mikki! Love the picture of you and Brayden. How's work going? Miss you!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

beautiful!

Kim said...

I love to watch storms roll in, that is an amazing picture. Thanks for sharing

C said...

Mikki this picture is amazing! Hope you guys are doing good.

Gracie Rose said...

aww... that's such a cute picture of you guys! that background looks so surreal!!

The Cuffs said...

Okay seriously Mikki you are single handedly THE BEST photographer I have ever seen. I am IN LOVE with your pics and look every couple of days to see more they move me that much. You possess a talent like no other, along with all of your other amazing gifts. I wish I lived closer so we could hang out, I miss your fun butt!